Thank you for your interest in applying for a scholarship to attend PDCA’s Painting and Decorating Expo. New England Council created this scholarship to recognize Paul and Barbara Corey’s many years of dedication and commitment to PDCA. They will be helping choose the candidates for this award.
The purpose of the scholarship is to assist NEC members, who are committed to taking an active role at the council and/or chapter level, in attending the National Expo and Leadership Training.
The goal is to award to one member from each of the active chapters: Green Mountain in Vermont, New Haven in Connecticut, and Boston and Northeast-Baystate in Massachusetts. This scholarship will pay $500 to each chosen candidate, retroactively and only if attendance at the Leadership Training is confirmed.
Please note the qualifications and then, if you wish to apply, please carefully complete the action items.
- Applicant must be a PDCA member in good standing; membership must include Council and Chapter
- Applicant must attend the post-EXPO Leadership Training and report back to the NEC board. This training is typically the last day of educational programming at the event.
ACTION ITEMS – along with your complete contact information, please forward the following:
- Brief written history of your participation in your Chapter or Council activities, including any leadership roles.
- Description of your history as a painting contractor and how attending Expo will benefit you and your company.
- Contact information of two references:
- a fellow PDCA member (peer or leader)
- a vendor who is familiar with your company and work. Each reference should be aware that you are applying for this Scholarship and be prepared to endorse you without reservation!
Applications are due no later than 1/30/14
Contact Nigel Costolloe with any questions at email@example.com
Fax or email to the NEC office:
North East Council, Inc., PDCA
PO Box 322
Tolland, CT 06084